An open weekend hackathon focused on mobile game development. Hosted by the Stanford Alumni Association at the StartX Accelerator with top partners.
Our goal is to bring together people with all kinds of backgrounds to contribute to game development and creativity.
The Cardinal Game Jam is our one and only game jam event - a hackathon for mobile games. Our goal is to bring together people with all kinds of backgrounds to contribute to game development and creativity. It is an opportunity to push boundaries and collaborate on a fast-paced challenge.
Just register early, and bring your computer, toothbrush and enthusiasm!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Registration is open to all. However, the status is pending until confirmation is received. Confirmations will be sent on a rolling basis as space allows.
- On-site particpants can register at thecardinalgamejam.com
- Remote participants register through ChallengePost
- Teams should consist of between 1 and 6 participants.
Players must submit a Mobile Game, specifically, :
- Either an .apk or .ipa file that judges can install on non-rooted phones and play.
- Source Code (Submission of source code is for verification purposes, not to be made public).
- List of team members
- Project Name and paragraph description of the game
- A) Remote Participants: Gameplay / Demo Videos are recommended for remote participants; B) On-site: One team member should be available during the judging period to demo the game
How to enter
Join 200 of the most creative developers and designers to build a kick ass mobile game the weekend after halloween!
How much fun is the game
How appealing an intuitive is the game visually
How innovative or well executed are the core game mechanics